june favorites i


June was a good month for new things and favorites, so I figured that I put everything that I've loved last month (and am still loving now) on a neat little list. I think we're all pretty familiar to monthly "favorites" lists--in fact it's definitely a video I always look forward to from my favorite YouTubers and a post I always look forward to from my favorite bloggers, but this is definitely a new segment to my blog. Okay, here we go!

I got this compact as a gift from my lovely mother last Christmas and I haven't payed much attention to it until now, only because I was never really into face powders...well, until now. I figured that the compact is a nice and simple product that I can use to gradually acquaint myself to the wonderful world of bronzers and blushes. And well, what can I say except that it really does the job! I use the bronzer, which is in shade Bronze Goddess Medium 02, to slightly add color and contour to my face. The blushes on the other hand, offer shades that go from dainty to flirty. I personally always opt for Lover's Blush (top left) because it's that subtle hint of pink that just seems to work for these sunny summer days.


Ah yes, this really holds up to it's name because I swear, removing mascara has never been so gentle. I got this from Nicki just recently and have been using it every night to take off my eye make up and can I just say how great it is to wake up in the morning without any left over mascara residue plaguing the surrounding area of my eye? Because it's seriously a dream.

3. Up & Up Make Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes 
On another make up remover product, Target's Up & Up towelette has been a real winner in my book lately. After using my eye make up remover, I just pick up one of these babies and clean up the rest of the make up of my face. And the fact that these are very affordable really just takes the cake.

3. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo
I'm so late to the bandwagon, but I'm seriously going crazy over these matte lip creams. The color I found myself frequenting last month was this plummy-pink shade in San Paulo. It's kind of like this cool dark red light pink hybrid and it's just been so nice and easy to wear on the daily. 


4. Round sunnies
I got this a couple of months ago at a local shop here in Berkeley called Bancroft Clothing, and I have worn it with almost every outfit ever since. To me, it kind of just seems to tie everything together in a very laid back kind of way. I think each pair of sunglasses has a type of personality attached to it and this one is just chill and just enjoying a day out in the sun. I mean, doesn't it look like it?


And that wraps up this first favorites post! I'm thinking of doing a part 2 containing miscellaneous favorites, like movies and food and whatever else in between. Stay tuned!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment