hair of the day: straight hair, don't care


I'm pretty sure I broke a cardinal rule of dyed hair by straightening my bleached and dyed hair--but I really wanted to see what my hair would look like straight, so yeah, I curiosity killed the cat it. Except my hair is already dead anyway, so really, I didn't have much to lose to begin with. Besides, Sir Alastair Reid said it best when he said: 
Face it. Curiosity
will not cause us to die--
only lack of it will.
"Curiosity" will remain one of my favorite poems.

Anyway, my hair looks like a fucking waterfall, which really blows me away. I got my hair dyed literally two months ago today, and the blue is barely fading to green right now. I'm so juiced, cause then by the time I finally get back to work and earn a paycheck, I could get my then seafoam green hair back to the rich blues it used to be. I think I'm going to ride this blue hair train until the end of the year--who knows, maybe I'll go a few shades lighter? I'll have fun with it while I can. I don't at all regret getting my hair bleached and colored so vibrantly when I did. I mean, no better time than now, roaaaaarin 20's, nawwwmsayinnn. Okay, I'm going to quote Reid again--
Let them be
nine-lived and contradictory,
curious enough to change, prepared to pay
the cat price, which is to die
and die again and again,
each time with no less pain.
Okay, am I rlly quoting poetry in a hair of the day post? Haha, I don't even know anymore. My brain is so so so offbeat from finals and I'm just waiting for Friday after 10am to happen. So hard to ~live in the moment~ with Math and essays to worry about. Merp.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment