murakami meets talenti


Since my schedule has pretty much just been a dreaded 8 am class in the morning, the rest of my days have been free for some relaxing. I would go back to sleep, but I'm pretty much caffeinated. I would study more class material, but that's just not fun after 2 hours straight of a lecture (and in the morning, I might add). I would go out on more adventures to San Francisco, but that kind of adventuring kind of needs a fund that I can't  afford right now, since I'm facing very real adult-world realities: rent & bills to pay, groceries to buy, food to eat, and everything else in between. I've applied to a couple of work-study positions though so hopefully one of those e-mails have odds in my favor. 

Anyway, since I don't really have much of a chance to do some outside world traveling, I figured I'd do the next best thing: books and gelato (the vanilla-scented candles are a bonus). Ain't no shame in finding adventure in between the words and lines that an author has set up within the next 100-500 pages, ain't no shame at all. 

I'm currently reading The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. It's a surreal and vivid one, and I'm a huge fan of his frequent yet eloquent use of metaphor to reveal life wisdoms in regards to relationships with others and oneself. I tried to stay away from annotating and underlining my favorite quotes--just because I can get really passionate and messy with writing in books--but I couldn't let those words just pass me by. If you find yourself a fan of dreamlike writing despite being presented completely mundane characters, check this baby out. 

Check out my free summer adventures list:
  1. The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
  2. Damned by Chuck Palaniuk
  3. Joyland by Stephen King
  4.  
If you have any good summer reads, please don't hesitate to share them with me! I love a good book recommendation :)

As for gelato, I just got into Talenti and paired it up with my reading. I'm very loyal to my Salted Caramel flavor in general, so it only made sense that my first pint of this glorious gelato be their Sea Salt Caramel flavor. And boy, was that heaven to my taste buds. It wasn't too sweet and I hardly tasted the sea salt aspect to it, but I was definitely a huge fan of the caramel truffles, hehe.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment