sweater weather series: i. speckled dandelion


 A fashion post? Is this the real life? Or is it fantasy? I know, I know, I'm sorry my lovelies! I've been caught in a flurry of adulthood and it's been a pretty crazy trying to ride it out. However, in the meantime, I have found a calm in the storm (and did some shopping for outerwear) so I decided on doing this sweater weather series to keep up a sort of constant schedule for posting.

The leaves are slowly turing colors and the breezes are getting crispier than ever.... Ah, sweater weather is definitely here. In a recent shopping trip, I got this pretty rad dirty-yellow speckled cardigan. And while the material is pretty thick and warm, it's amazingly light to wear for everyday. Dare I say I could live through midterm season with this on? Yes, I do...and I probably will.

dirty yellow speckled cardigan - forever 21 | not pictured: velvet leggings - cotton on, hell yes muscle tee - cotton on
Oh, and it's definitely not sweater weather without tea and coffee. I recently picked up a box of tea that claims to relieve the very stressful nerves consuming my very being--or something like that. It's Yogi's Kava Stress Relief, and it puts a smile on my face whenever I have a cup of it's cinnamony goodness. The empowering little messages are pretty darn sweet too, haha.


Here's the truth, while I like my cup of tea, nothing beats my compostable cup of coffee. Whether it be in between classes and studying, or before morning classes, caffeine is my life blood. Too tragic? I really think not. I've currently been vibing the Caramel Latte from Peet's Coffee and Tea lateley. It's got two shots of espresso, and in that way, I find a great balance between the cozy sweetness of caramel and the intense awakening of espresso.


I've traded my sticks of Baby Lips for these bad boys. I mean let's face it, with how sharply the wind can hit from time to time, these suckers need their protection. My weapons of choice: the very trusty C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve, which I've been using for about a year now--and I honestly love it (did I mention it could work as a super last minute make up remover??) and Alba Botanica Hawaiian Lip Balm in Coconut Cream--which I just got recently and will therefore save a review for later.


Oh yeah and to make this full circle, I also made a Sweater Weather playlist:


Wishin' you a merry sweater weather season! Stay tuned for more, yep you got it, sweaters. L8er!

No comments:

Post a Comment